Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Seiten

Hi to all!

Since a lot of people wanted to know, how I build my Heliodisplay for a few Euro, I decided, to start my own Blog, for Mixed-up Do-It-Yourself Technologies.

So feel welcome, to put your own Projects on my side.
When I find some time, I will put the side online also in German, but at I thougt English would be most important, so everyone can read!
This is my first Blog, so please tell me about Hooks and Mistakes you may find!

But now to the project, you Nui Freaks are waiting for:

the 50 Bucks HELIODISPLAY !!

Montag, 24. Januar 2011

My Second Heliodisplay

Hi to all of You, who wrote to me for a detailed plan and fotos. I hope I can clear up Your Questions with this post!

This is, how it looks complete.
The sizes of the box are 90 x 36 x 36 cm,
the Screen is 65 cm wide.








A look inside shows in the left corner the "fog chamber" and a pipe with straws, where fog is blown out

                                          
Fog Chamber again, on the left side under the yellow box is the Ventilation for the Fog





small Ventilators under the Fogpipe

complete overview

How it works:

It consists of two parts, the Fogchamber, where I build in two Foggers and a Vent. It puts out a constant curtain of fog.
The other part is the Ventilationsystem, where the airstream is produced, that stabilizes the Picture.
On the last Foto You can see in the middle another big Ventilator, that produces overpressure in the box, so it is more easy to get a constant Stream with the little vents.( If You take stronger vents, this is not necessary!)

On the first two Pics You can see a plexiglass pipe build in on the topside, its there to make it multitouch ready, when I get my Ir LEDs, it will produce an IR Curtain in front of the holografic Picture, so it can be seen from the Cam, where I put my Fingers.
The projector as to stand deeper than the screen, so that the projection angle is around 30° upwards, it gives the best picture.

Hope, I could clear up your questions , if not, please write to me and i will try to make it better!

3 Kommentare:

  1. what is the pressure of air...?amd where it is provided from....

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. maybe you could try making a model of it on google sketch up and then take us through it step-by-step and in more detail. Try to write it in stages, starting from the very beginning, and if you can do schematics make them on photoshop or something. this is amazing btw.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What is the ventilation system used for, exactly?

    AntwortenLöschen